Joe Marchesi Construction Industry Scholarship Information
The Illinois Valley Contractors Association is continuing its Joe Marchesi Construction Industry Scholarship program.
Last year, recipients Samuel Becker, Megan Brooker, John Buchanan, Lauren Bulak, Tristan Chapman, Kora Cruz, Amie Knafelc, Katherine McGraw, Alexander Redd and Rachel Thrush each received $1,000.00. Brett Becker, Austin DeBates, Eliza Kummer, Sarah Lyons, Gianna Pattelli, Jennifer Scheidecker, George Stuepfert, Jacob Temple, Anthony Urbanski & Lindsay Wheeler each received $500.00.
Applicants must be:
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a course of study leading to a degree which could help advance the Illinois Valley Construction Industry,
- Be associated with the Illinois Valley Construction Industry as an employee, spouse or child of a contributing contractor, or an employee, spouse or child of the Association or Industry Fund,
- Or be a member or employee, their spouse or child, of a participating local union
- Have maintained a scholastic average of B-.
- Must be a full time student (A minimum of 12 hours).
The Trustees of the Illinois Valley Construction Industry Advancement Fund will make the selection at the Fall semester from a pool of all qualifying applicants.
How to apply:
Applications may be obtained by calling 815-223-0561, stopping by the Illinois Valley Contractors Association located at 1120 First Street, LaSalle, IL or from a participating local union office or from this website by clicking on the link below.
The application from this website is in PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer in order to view and print it. If you do not have this software, you can download a free copy at www.adobe.com.